– 8 ounces of pasta (such as penne or fusilli)
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 small onion, diced
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 can (14 ounces) of diced tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon of paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1 cup of ricotta cheese
– Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
3. Add the diced tomatoes, paprika, oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
4. Bring the tomato mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to coat it evenly with the tomato sauce.
6. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the ricotta cheese until it melts and creates a creamy sauce.
7. Serve the paprika ricotta pasta with a garnish of fresh basil leaves.