Are you in the mood for a warm and satisfying bowl of soup? Look no further than this Spicy Pumpkin Soup recipe. Packed with bold flavours and wholesome ingredients, this delightful soup will surely tickle your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Sauté the Aromatics: Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and red chilli pepper. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and the aromatics release their fragrance.
- Add the Pumpkin: Add the diced pumpkin to the pot and stir well to combine with the aromatics. Cook for a few minutes, allowing the pumpkin to soften slightly.
- Season the Soup: Sprinkle the ground cumin, ground coriander, and paprika over the pumpkin mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir everything together to ensure the spices coat the pumpkin evenly.
- Simmer the Soup: Pour the vegetable broth into the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes. This will allow the flavours to meld together and the pumpkin to become tender.
- Blend the Soup: Once the soup has finished simmering, use an immersion blender or transfer the mixture to a blender to puree until smooth. Be cautious when blending hot soup, ensuring proper ventilation and using a towel to cover the blender lid to prevent any accidents.
- Serve and Garnish: Ladle the Spicy Pumpkin Soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro if desired. The vibrant green leaves will provide a refreshing contrast to the rich orange colour of the soup.